This week’s Assignment emphasizes your analysis of a selected public policy. Our content theme this week is policy analysis – the process of defining the public policy concern through the process of reaching a conclusion regarding the best possible solution to a public policy concern.
Below, I have included the discussion topic criteria, followed by tips / hints in bold text.
•What public policy solution(s) may alleviate the public policy concerning issue? (First – Identify the issue, and then address possible solutions.)
• What could your local or state governments, or the federal government, do? **What solutions could local, state, or the federal government provide?
• What could individuals or groups do? **What solutions could specific individuals or organizations, interest groups, etc. provide?
• Assess the cost-benefits for either taking action or not taking action. **Weigh the costs of inaction and the costs of providing a solution.
• How feasible are your public policy solutions? **Do your solutions “make sense,” and are they practical?
• How might society react to your public policy solutions? **What will be the response of your local community, the state community, American society, etc.?
• What are the ethical implications of the public policy solution? **Apply ethical decision making here…What are the ethical considerations?
• How can one better ‘frame’ the public policy solutions? **What is the best approach to reaching a solution?