Prepare a time series analysis using the Lowes Revenue data (attached) and discuss the Lowes revenue data (Sear example attached – Part 1 ppt.). First explain what the graph tells you as a manager about the;
• structural break in this company data.
Then conduct research to find out how management actually made the decisions in the data.
Part II Multiple linear regression using Macro data:
• Generate a multiple linear regression on revenue (above) using 5 of the variables provided in the macro data file (excel file attached).
• Create appropriate seasonal dummy variables.
• Run the regression and report the regression results.
• Comment on the validity of the model
• Comment on the significance of individual coefficients.
• Briefly discuss the relationship (positive or negative) between the dependent variable and each of the independent variables with significant coefficient. Are those relationship expected?
• Report the adjusted r-squared and briefly comment on the fitness of the model based on your opinion.