Compare the difference between job satisfaction and organizational commitment. Determine which is more strongly related to performance for your selected company. Apply motivational theory and performance management principles to evaluate the company as a potential employer. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
A – 3 pages total
Using the Internet, research the Royal Dutch Shell company to compile a SWOT analysis.
1 page – Create a visual chart using Exhibit 1.1 on page 6 (Sample SWOT Analysis Framework and Representative Examples) in your textbook as a format guideline for submission. The SWOT analysis needs to include all four elements including the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. A minimum of five selected internal factors (finance and management must be two of the five) and five selected external factors as demonstrated in Exhibit 1.1.
2 pages – Evaluate the chart to determine current and suggest future overall strategies based upon the organization’s business, mission, and goals.
References must include your textbook plus a minimum of one additional credible reference (not wikipedia).
B – 2 pages total
For this assignment, read the case study, “Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.-Energy Beverages,” beginning on page 91 of your textbook. Once you have read and reviewed the case scenario, respond to the following questions with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale.
What would be the challenges associated with Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. extending their product offering to include an energy beverage?
Analyze the energy beverage market extending your research beyond the textbook. Is this a growing market? Contrast the domestic and global markets.
Explain how the determined pricing strategy would have a significant impact on profitability. Include discussion on retail pricing, expected unit volume, and margins.
Take on the role of marketing manager at Dr. Pepper. Identify several alternatives to overcome these challenges. Looking at these possible alternatives, which would you select and why?
For this assignment, read the case studies on pages 192-209 of your textbook. Once you have read and reviewed the case scenario, respond to the following questions with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale.
To what degree does the product align with the current trend of healthy living? How does the family life cycle work into the discussion?
What is involved with successful branding? Explain how solid brand management and positioning would impact this product.
Based upon your assessment, has Frito Lay identified the most appropriate target market? Include your rationale. Would you suggest an alternative or additional target market?
Are the Sun Chips multi-grain snacks a sustainable new product addition to the Frito-Lay product line? Think about whether it aligns with Frito Lay’s overall product-marketing strategies. Include some level of discussion on the competition and industry.
References must include your textbook plus a minimum of one additional credible reference (not wikipedia).
D – 2 pages total
For this assignment, read the case study, “Astor Lodge & Suites, Inc.,” on page 324 of your textbook. Once you have read and reviewed the case scenario, respond to the following questions with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale.
Discuss the importance of utilizing integrated marketing communications within an organization.
Evaluate the effectiveness of Astor Lodge’s IMC program including areas where they are doing well and areas
they need to develop.
Based upon the provided hotel segmentation and profile, is Astor Lodge positioning and branding themselves
attractively? What might they consider to increase their brand equity?
Developing Incentives Plans
5–7 slides with speaker notes of 200–250 words per slide (excluding title and reference slides)
The human resources specialties of compensation and benefits guide the organization’s leaders in attracting and retaining the best employees through a combination of strategic decisions. Employment laws regulate organizations in their application of compensation and benefits to provide the foundation for an equitable pay system.
Prepare a presentation for senior leaders that educates them on the laws and regulations that addresses the following:
Explain the various laws and regulations that regulate compensation and benefits, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act and others.
What challenges does an organization face in implementing these laws?
Discuss the role of management, employees, and unions in compliance with these laws and regulations.
What recommendations would you make to an organization to monitor and ensure compliance with these laws and regulations?
Compensation Plan Implementation
6–8 slides with speaker notes of 200–250 words per slide (excluding title and reference slides)
Determining the value of work is critical to setting pay rates. After the job analysis and writing the job description, the human resources compensation specialist determines the process to apply to perform the job evaluation and compensation.
Develop a presentation that addresses the following for setting a final pay range for a position:
Explain the factors used in job pricing.
What are compensable factors, and how are they applied in determining pay ranges?
Discuss the point and job content methods, and give an example of how each is applied in determining compensation.
What would you recommend an organization use to define compensation for a customer service representative?
Modern law enforcement operations and strategies are driven by best practices in the areas of data collection and manipulation, addressing special populations, and preventing organized criminal activities. A tremendous amount of specialization has evolved in today’s sphere of policing, especially among federal, state, and local agencies. Perhaps, what is most evident is how the law enforcement agencies of the federal government have retooled to meet today’s challenge of terrorism. Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or Strayer library to research credible sources on the aforementioned issues as they relate to law enforcement operations and management.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
1. Identify and describe the major functions of the four (4) agencies of the Department of Justice. Of the four agencies, provide a rationale for which agency you feel has the greatest responsibility as it relates to federal law enforcement.
2. Explain the purposes of the Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Identify and discuss the various weaknesses related to the accuracy of the Uniform Crime Report (UCR).
3. Describe the major roles of police executives using the Mintzberg model of chief executive officers. Of the executive roles described in the model, provide a rationale for which role you feel is the most important for a chief executive officer’s success.
4. Examine two (2) legislative enactments that are in place to help combat terrorism. Provide your opinion on the effectiveness of these enactments in regards to combatting terrorism.
5. Analyze the problems related to determining the actual numbers of hate crimes and what makes hate crimes different from other crimes.
6. Use at least four (4) quality references including the textbooks. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Five brief articles to reference are found on the “Headlines” page of the menu for GE on Yahoo! Finance. These articles were posted on Thursday, April 21, 2011 and Friday, April 22, 2011. Additionally, as you construct your answers, please reference not only General Electric (GE) but also Citigroup, Inc. (C), Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (PHG), and Siemens AG (SI) which are shown as competitors for General Electric.
The articles from the “Headlines” page are: 10 Dividend Stocks Paying More Cash, Companies Start Opening Their Wallets; G.E. Earnings Soar on Lending Arm, Daily Dividend Report and, Commercial Real Estate Comeback Needs Job Growth to Continue.
a) Discuss the process of capital budgeting, the weighted average cost of capital, optimal capital budget, and optimal capital structure. No calculations or comparisons to other companies are necessary. Discussion should include business circumstances as reflected in the articles.
b) Discuss the decision making process that relates to dividends. Mention specific amounts for GE and the other three companies, as well as material from the articles.
c) Discuss the investing and financing decisions that relate to working capital management. Calculations are expected for GE as compared to the other three companies. No reference to articles is necessary.
You are attempting to develop a break-even for a capitation contract with a major HMO. Your hospital has agreed to provide all inpatient hospital services for 10,000 covered lives. You will receive $38 per member per month to cover all inpatient services. It is anticipated that 93 admissions per 1,000 covered lives will be provided with an average length of stay equal to 5.0, or 465 days per 1,000.
Answer the following questions:
– What is the role provided by break-even point and how would you calculate this point?
– Please calculate break-even point in patient days under the provided contract.
– What are the limitations of using break-even point and how would you incorporate this point with management strategic planning?
How does ethics affect the financial decision-making process?
Locate an article regarding ethics considerations in financial management.
Write an article analysis in which you address the following items:
> Discuss how ethics affects the financial decision-making process.
> Explain the ethics considerations involved in financial decision-making outlined in the article.
> Identify the organization’s financial management objectives.
> Describe how these objectives may have influenced financial reporting decisions described in the article.
Should non-profit organizations be held to different ethical standards than for-profit corporations?
Should management walk the talk by emulating the companys mission and value statement?
How does it affect employee moral?
Why is it important to have behaviors aligned with corporate values?
Should employees be rewarded for performance or personality?
Why is accountability and rewarding productive behaviors a critical part of effective management?
What happens when the opposite of this occurs in the company?
Responsible Stewardship: Our Creator blesses us with an abundance of resources. We foster a spirit of service to employ our resources to university and community development. We must be resourceful.
Integrity: The commitment to excellence demands that its members live its mission and deliver on its promise. The faculty, staff and students pledge to be honest, just and consistent in word and deed.
Explain the relevance of Responsible Stewardship and Integrity in the context of financial management.
The 20th and 21st centuries have produced many business leaders, such as corporate giants like Jack Welch of GE, Daymond John of FUBU, Steve Jobs of Apple, and Herb Kelleher of Southwest. In addition, many hip-hop moguls have risen to prominence, such as Sean Combs, aka P Diddy, of Bad Boy Records; Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam; and Sean Carter, aka Jay Z, of Rock Nation.
Regardless of their business models and industries, organizational leaders are expected to create realistic visions for their companies and the people that they guide. However, such visions often result in vastly different leadership styles. Therefore, experts have concluded that there is no one best leadership style geared towards guiding employees and companies to accomplishing organizational goals.
Using the Internet and Strayer databases, research your favorite senior executive (CEO, CFO, COO, Director, President, Founder, etc.) from any organization that has made a strong impact on his or her industry (fashion, music, food, banking, technology, automotive, etc.).
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the overall leadership style(s) of your chosen senior executive.
2. Analyze the organizational structure and culture of the company your chosen executive has led, or is currently leading, and determine the company’s approach to human capital management and employee development. Next, explain whether or not you believe your chosen senior executive’s leadership approach has enhanced workplace productivity and the shared vision of the organization. Provide one to two (1-2) examples of your chosen senior executive’s actions to support your response.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of your selected leader’s performance, based on his or her ethical conduct and effective communication. Next, determine whether the chosen leader was successful in motivating and empowering his or her employees and gaining customer loyalty.
4. Determine three (3) best practices that other organizational leaders can use in order to motivate employees and transform their company, based on practices that you believe made your chosen leader successful at his or her company and within his or her industry. Support your rationale with an explanation of the potential benefits that other business leaders may reap from your chosen best practices.
5. Use at least five (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and the application of various business- and corporate-level strategies.
• Analyze the importance of ethical behavior to an organization’s culture and the new ethical dilemmas created by globalization.
• Determine viable organizational structures by addressing the key considerations in organizational structure, applying the process of division of labor, and adapting basic structural formats.
• Explain the principal theories of leadership and motivation, and describe the fundamental considerations in managing and motivating individual and group behavior.
• Describe actions to improve communications, manage conflict, develop strong organizational culture, and improve the ethical behavior in organizations.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
• Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.